This page details the steps involved in applying to become a PACeS Student for the 2021-2022 School Year. Please read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any delays in processing. Applications are accepted at any time, however, students may only join classes at the beginning of each Semester (9-12) or Term (K-8, Terms 1 and 2 only). This application form must be filled out by the legal guardian of the student.
All students/families will be held to the policies outlined in the PACeS Handbook (https://pacescanada.org/handbook) including residency requirements, technology requirements, and academic and financial policies.
The non-refundable $225 registration fee (Online and Shared Responsibility Students) and ALL required documents must be received in order for the application process to begin. Please speak to the Principal to ensure that PACeS is the right choice for you.
Continuing students (from 2020-21) will have priority until February 28th, 2021. After that date, continuing and new student applications will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis (by application date AND reception of registration fee AND ALL documents by the office). Please note that it may take up to 2 weeks to process your application, particularly near the start of classes.
- Check tables below to determine required documents.
- Review Handbook(click here), Program Options(click here) and Tuition Costs(click here). To observe a class, please contact the office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fill out any necessary online documents (e.g. HERF, Technology Agreement).
- Scan any necessary paper documents (e.g. birth certificate, school report).
- Save each document from 4. and 5. above as a separate file in .pdf format with student name in the filename. (Help with scanning and saving .pdf files).
- Fill out online application form and upload .pdf files. You will need to create a Google account to access the application form and upload files – you can create a Google account using your own email address (click here for instructions).
- (Home Education and Shared Responsibility only) As part of the online application form you will need to provide information about your Program Plan (goals, resources, activities, and assessment) for each subject you will be teaching. You will also need to provide your student’s Daily Schedule. Please click here to preview the exact questions. This information is necessary to process your application; having it ready will help you fill out the online application form more easily. If your child is taking part in the Shared Responsibility Program, please enter “PACeS Online” for any subject they will be completing online with PACeS. Please click here to view the guide to choosing Shared Responsibility Classes. After your application has been submitted, you will receive an editable copy of your plan.
- Receive email confirmation of Application.
- Pay Registration Fee (methods listed in the tables below).
- When the application and all documents have been completed and received by the office, and the registration fee has been paid, then the admissions committee will review the application.
- You will be contacted by the admissions committee after your application has been reviewed.
For technical issues, email email@example.com
Required Documents by Program
|Program/Document||Online||Shared Responsibility (Alberta Students only, not Kindergarten)||Home Education (Alberta Students only, not Kindergarten)|
|Home Education Regulation Notification Form (HERF)||Not Required||Required:
Click to open fillable .pdf
|Required: Click to open fillable .pdf|
|Completed Program Plan||Not Required||You will complete the Program Plan within the online application form – please read the links in step 7 above to ensure you have all the necessary information ready.||You will complete the Program Plan within the online application form – please read the links in step 7 above to ensure you have all the necessary information ready.|
|Technology Agreement||Required: Click to open fillable .pdf||Required: Click to open fillable .pdf||Not Required|
|Registration Fee||Required $225 per student||Required $225 per student||Not Required|
|Registration Fee Payment Options||Interac eTransfer from Canadian bank accounts (to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with Student Name in the Memo), Credit Card (online or by phone: 403.848.3165).|
Required Documents for NEW Students
|NEW STUDENT||Alberta Resident||Non-Alberta Resident|
|Identification Document||Canadian Birth Certificate or Permanent Residency Card or Citizenship Certificate or Non-expiring document preferred.||Report Card or School Report (Home Education)|
|Latest School Report||Latest Report Card (Not Required for Gr. 1, Kindergarten, or Home Education).||Report Card or School Report (Home Education)|
|Email Address for Last School||Enter when filling in the online application below.|
|Phone number for Last School||Enter when filling in the online application below|
Once you have collected the required documents/information listed above, save them in .pdf format with the student name in the filename and then please proceed to the application form to enter the student information and upload the files.