We have lots of things going on as we finish up this school year.
- The yearbook is in the process of being completed. You will be able to order your copy online. When it is ready we will let you know.
- Textbook labels have been mailed out to each of you, please use them when you return your books. Remember that they need to be back by July 31st. If we have not received them by that date you will be charged for them because we will need to replace them in order to get ready for the next school year.
- We have 3 regional end of year trips coming up all on June 5th. The students in Maritimes will be meeting with Mr. Chant for a picnic day. Mr. Okimi, Mrs. MacDonald and Mrs. are planning a trip for the students in Ontario,they will be in touch with you to let you know what the plan is. And, for those of us in Alberta we will be meeting at Heritage Park in Calgary. Specific details will be emailed out.
- Grade 5 and 6 Outdoor School will be held at Foothills Camp from May 26-29. Mrs. Sackett, Mr. Okimi and I will be attending and helping out with this program.
- Stettler Train Trip will be on May 28th. Thank you to Darlene Blaney for organizing this!
- I am attaching a copy of the latest Education news from the conference. PACeS students who went on the mission trip are featured, so be sure to check it out.
- Sports Day this year is on June 6th and will be held at CHCS in Lacaombe, AB. They plan to start around 10 am and finish around 2 pm. This event is for students in grades K-9. Gr. 10-12 will have regular classes that day. If you plan on attending please let me know.
- PACeS will be in attendance at the Man-Sask and Alberta Campmeetings. We are planning to have potluck picnic get together on the first Sunday of each Campmeeting. We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Link to Alberta Education News:
About two thousand year ago, Jesus called 12 men to be his disciples. They were ordinary people who lives changed the day the Jesus asked them to follow Him. When we choose to follow Jesus, things will change for us. The whole point of being a disciple or follower is to become like the one you are following. My prayer and hope for you today is that in your journey to follow Jesus you will become more and more like Him.
– Heidi Lehmann